Montgomery Village residents who pay the Designated User (DU) fee, as well as those who purchase Montgomery Village Foundation (MVF) pool memberships will be eligible to rent a designated area at select MVF pools for parties this summer.
In December, the Recreation Committee discussed the idea of structuring a pool party rental, based on resident feedback relayed by pool staff. Until now, residents and pool members could bring a limited number of guests to the pool using their guest pass, and although MVF did not take reservations for parties, party groups would often come to the pool. Limited picnic seating and multiple groups on the same day presented challenges for pool staff and regular pool patrons alike.
To add organization to the situation and minimize impacts to other pool patrons, staff suggested facilitating parties at select pools, and the committee discussed formalizing a program. The Recreation Committee recommended the following to the MVF Board of directors:
- Designated User residents and Pool Members would be eligible to rent a designated area at Peggy Mark, Stedwick or Whetstone pools, as long as the facility is available. If the facility is not rented then any patron can utilize the space.
- On weekdays: $75 per pool party rental at eligible pools.
- On weekends: $100 per pool party rental at Peggy Mark Pool, and $75 at Stedwick and Whetstone pools.
- Party rentals would be limited to 2 hours and 30 minutes, plus 15 minutes to setup, and 15 to minutes breakdown (a total of 3 hours).
- A Guest Pass for non-members would not be needed (all guests are included in the rental packet).
- A pool party would allow a maximum of 25 participants, including the host.
The MVF Board of Directors approved the proposal at their January 24 meeting. Modifications to the Pool Operating Policy and the Swimming Pool Use Policy were made to reflect the addition of the pool party rentals.
Rental forms, including rental times, locations and dates, will be available later this year. Get ready for an awesome summer!